Turner Innovations, newly launched in 2013, is currently researching the development of a new kind of x-ray imaging system for inspection use. Additionally, other exciting projects are on the horizon for this upcoming company.
Depth and Breadth of Experience
Dr. Turner, Turner Innovations founder and CEO, understands science and the business of science. He has extensive experience innovating around core technologies, and as an inventor, has several published scientific papers to his credit. Dr. Turner also excels in product management and business development, having launched his own successful x-ray business with an award-winning, revolutionary product. This was accomplished on the heels of an already impressive career as a CTO and product developer for MOXTEK.
Awards and Honors & Personal Recognition
- v100 (vSpring Top 100 Venture Entrepreneurs), 2011
- Governor’s Medal for Science and Technology, Utah State, January 2011
- Emerging Executive of the Year, Utah Technology Council, 2009
- CEO Spotlight, Utah Business Magazine, July 2009
- Distinguished Alumnus, Brigham Young University Department of Chemistry, Oct. 2008
- Aribex Company Recognition
- Utah 100 Award, MountainWest Capital Network (MWCN), an award honoring the 100 fastest growing companies in the state (#28), 2010. (Also placed in Utah 100 for 2011 and 2012.)
- Inc 500, Inc Magazine’s ranking of the fastest-growing private companies in the USA, (Aribex) #476, 2009
- “Emerging Elite”, Mountain West Capital Network’s Utah 100 Awards, (Aribex), 2008 and 2009
- “Top 25 Under 5,” Utah Valley Entrepreneurial Forum (recognition of 25 fastest-growing companies in Utah Valley less than 5 years old, (Aribex), 2006-2009
- Edison Innovation Awards, finalist in Medical Device category, 2010
- Wall Street Journal Technology Innovation Award, runner-up in Medical Device category, 2010
- Utah Innovation Award Finalist, Medical Device Category, (Nomad Pro X-ray), 2008
- Utah Innovation Award Finalist, Medical Device Category, (Nomad X-ray), 2006
- “Top 100 New Products,” Dentistry Today magazine, (NOMAD X-ray), 2006
Patents and Published Applications with Dr. Turner as a named inventor
- US # 7,496,178, “Portable x-ray device,” Feb. 24, 2009.
- Australia # 2005216184, “Portable x-ray device,” Oct. 30, 2008.
- US # 7,233,647, “Radiation window and method of manufacture,” June 19, 2007.
- US # 7,224,769, “Digital x-ray camera,” May 29, 2007.
- US # 7,035,379, “Radiation Window and Method of Manufacture,”, Apr. 25, 2006.
- US # 6,661,876, “Mobile Miniature X-ray Source,” Dec. 9, 2003.
- US # 5,958,345, “Thin Film Sample Support,” Sep. 28, 1999.
- US #5,544,218, “Thin Film Sample Support,” Aug. 6, 1996.